Sweet little boy.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
"Snow is my favorite and my best!"
Ahhh snow, that beautiful plague of winter that we despise and adore all at the same time. A miraculous thing happened Christmas week- we had freshly fallen snow, the kids had new snow gear waiting to be used, no one was sick, and Michael was home and available so we were able to go out and enjoy it. And enjoy it we did. The stores were practially out of sleds when I went to pick one up- but I found a cheap one that was flimsy, flat as a pancake, and perfect. I was a little worried about how the kids would do on it- but it worked really really well. Although we had new snow gear I need to add that none of us were entirely outfitted just right. Trevor had no boots- I've gone to several different stores in the last few months and not one of them has boots in his size. So annoying. Michael has no snow pants or snow gloves, something I was unaware of until this outting. I do not have a water repellent snow coat- there is a large green one back in Idaho that I always used but have never managed to bring back with me. Lynette was better off than the rest of us with all of here gear, although her secondhand $3 boots left her ankles angry red and freezing. But did this stop us? Oh no- out we went. We sledded down the only incline I have seen in our area for a good hour and played around in the snow. We finished the activity with warm baths and hot cocoa- it was a great day.

See the sled? It was odd- with cut out handles on the side for you to hang onto when you pulled and bent the side up. It was the only one of its kind out there but it got the job done.
3..2...1...go!
No, no Lynette- bring the sled up with you! Fine...I'll go get it.
Male bonding. His face may not show it, but Trev loved the sledding. He would squeal the whole way down and giggle at the end.
The token picture of me- maybe I'll wear mascara next time...oh who am I kidding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks like (chilly) fun! Is the title a Lynette quote or from a movie that I'm unaware of? Looking forward to having you guys back in St. Louis!
ReplyDeleteSo fun. I think Michael would have been warmer if he had zipped up his coat! Crazy guy. Dillon made a Valentine for Lynette so we need to get together soon. (The only other people that got special homemade valentines were Grandma and an aunt, so she must be pretty special!)
ReplyDeleteOh Janelle! You are so funny. Your writing cracks me up every time!
ReplyDeleteI forgot to mention one thing- Michael's big coat was having technical difficulties with the zipper- that's why it wasn't zipped up.
ReplyDeleteOh, and the quote on the title is from one of Lynette's favorite book series "Charlie and Lola"- so so cute.
ReplyDelete